Dedicated to Exceptional Clinical Leadership
At St. Jude Medical, responsible and visionary clinical leadership is a key part of our goal of reducing the cost of health care and lessening the impact of disease on patients and their families. To that end, we:
- Design and carry out comprehensive, robust and globally relevant approaches to clinical studies and analyses
- Provide the clinical and economic evidence needed to establish safety, efficacy and cost-effectiveness of new, transformative therapies
Building the body of clinical evidence
Our clinical studies in the focus areas of cardiac arrhythmias, heart failure, cardiovascular disease, structural heart, chronic pain and movement disorders span the continuum from early feasibility testing and premarket approval to postmarket studies that support clinical practice guidelines and enhance patient access to appropriate medical care.
Our work yields game-changing results with life-changing implications, building the body of evidence needed to support the long-term safety, effectiveness and cost-savings of our innovative technologies.
Recent studies include:
- TOCCASTAR IDE, a comparative study for the evaluation of the TactiCath™ ablation catheter with contact force measuring capability for the ablation of paroxysmal atrial fibrillation
- LEADLESS II IDE, a study to evaluate the safety and effectiveness of the Nanostim™ leadless pacemaker*
- MultiPoint Pacing ID (MPP IDE), a comparative study to evaluate the safety and efficacy of MultiPoint™ pacing with the Quadra Assura MP™ CRT-D versus traditional biventricular pacing
- PORTICO Valve IDE, a comparative study to evaluate the safety and outcomes of the Portico™ transcatheter aortic valve system*
- SUNBURST IDE, a study to demonstrate the safety and efficacy of the Prodigy™ system with Burst technology* for the treatment of chronic intractable pain of the trunk and/or limbs