ICD, Pacemaker and Implantable Cardiac Monitor ID Cards
As a recipient of a St. Jude Medical™ implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD), pacemaker or implantable cardiac monitor, you will receive an ID card that contains important information related to your device if you received your device in the United States, Canada or Australia. When you first receive your device, your hospital will submit a device-registration form to us and you will receive a temporary ID card. We will then mail you a permanent card within 30 to 60 days.
Carry your ID card
Always carry your ID card with you.
- The card includes your physician’s or clinic’s contact information; this is critical information that those assisting you during an emergency will need to know.
- When you go through security checkpoints at the airport, you may need to show your ID card to security personnel if your device sets off the detector.
- Keep in mind that typically, security systems will not affect your device. Move through metal detectors at a normal walking speed and do not pause for more than a few seconds. If your device sets off the detector, tell security about your device and present your ID card.
- If security personnel choose to use a handheld wand, ask them to move it over your device area quickly.
Verify your information
When you receive your permanent plastic ID card, check the information on it carefully and contact us (using the information below) if:
- You do not receive your card within within 30 to 60 days of your surgery
- Your card contains any errors
- You change your contact information or doctor
- You need a replacement card
Keep your information updated
We provide you with easy ways to be in touch with us to change the information that is on your device ID card, including your name, address and doctor information.
If you received your device in the United States, Canada or Australia, you can:
If you received your device in a country other than the United States, Canada or Australia, please contact the St. Jude Medical distributor in your area.
St. Jude Medical Australia Pty. Ltd.
17 Orion Rd
Lane Cove, NSW 2066
Toll Free Number 61-1800-839-259
Phone Number 61-2-9936-1200
Alternate Number 61-3-9644-5900
Fax Number 61-2-9936-1222
St. Jude Medical Canada, Inc.
2100 Derry Road West
Toll Free Number: 1-888-276-4170
Phone Number: 1-905-286-4000
Fax Number: 1-905-812-4295
St. Jude Medical, Inc.
IESD – Patient Records Dept. 905024
15900 Valley View Court
PO Box 9221
Sylmar, CA 91392-9221
Toll Free Number: 1-800-550-1648 or 1-800-777-2237 ext. 2183
Answering Service: 1-800-722-3423
Fax Number: 1-888-738-3676
Hours: 6:00 am to 5:00 pm, (Pacific Standard Time), Monday through Friday
Protecting your privacy is important to us
We need to keep your records up to date. The United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) requires this tracking. By submitting your information, you agree that St. Jude Medical may keep a record of your information and use it to respond to your requests.