This device is commercially available for use in select international markets.
Two Therapies. One Device.
The Prodigy MRI™ chronic pain system from St. Jude Medical delivers spinal cord stimulation (SCS) therapy to help manage chronic pain. It offers an innovative new type of stimulation called Burst stimulation, which gives you a choice to achieve the best pain relief. Burst stimulation also provides another chance to patients who may have tried neurostimulation and not responded to tonic stimulation.
This advanced SCS system features technology designed to provide you with a better SCS experience:
- Safe for MRI scans within approved parameters.*
- Rechargeable battery lasts longer than a nonrechargeable system.
The Prodigy MRI chronic pain system may be an option if you have:
- Chronic pain in your back, neck, arms or legs that has lasted at least six months
- Neuropathic pain (pain marked by burning, tingling, or numbness)
- Little or no relief from surgery or other pain management options such as pain medications, nerve blocks or physical therapy
One of the benefits of neurostimulation is that you can try the therapy for a short period without receiving an implanted device. Learn more about trying a system.
Neurostimulation is not right for everyone. Talk to your doctor to see if neurostimulation may help you manage your pain. It is not advised if you are unable to operate the system or do not receive effective pain relief during the temporary evaluation period.
Like any surgical procedure, neurostimulation therapy has risks. Talk to your doctor about complications related to the procedure and/or device, which include:
- Undesirable changes in stimulation
- The loss of strength or use in an affected limb or muscle group (e.g., paralysis)
See important safety information.