This device is commercially available for use in select international markets.
Elevating the Standard of Care
Specially designed to treat heart failure, the Quadra Assura MP™ CRT-D, a cardiac resynchronization therapy implantable cardioverter defibrillator, allows your doctor more options for helping your heart beat at the right pace for you.
Benefits of the Quadra Assura MP™ CRT-D
- Designed to be customized to your unique needs
- Small, compact size for greater comfort
- Vibrating notifier alerts you when the battery is low
- Long battery life for potentially fewer replacements (actual battery life depends on how frequently your device sends electrical signals to your heart)
Possible events associated with the system include but are not limited to the following:
- Acceleration of arrhythmias (caused by device)
- Air embolism
- Exacerbation of heart failure
- Excessive fibrotic tissue growth
- Extracardiac stimulation (phrenic nerve, diaphragm, chest wall)
- Fluid accumulation
- Formation of hematomas or cysts
- Inappropriate shocks
- Keloid formation
- Lead abrasion and discontinuity
- Lead migration/dislodgement
- Myocardial damage
- Shunting current or insulating myocardium during defibrillation with internal or external paddles
- Potential mortality due to inability to defibrillate or pace
- Venous occlusion
- Venous or cardiac perforation
Patients susceptible to frequent shocks despite antiarrhythmic medical management may develop psychological intolerance to an ICD or CRT-D system that may include the following:
- Fear of premature battery depletion
- Fear of shocking while conscious
- Fear of losing shock capability
- Imagined shocking (phantom shock)
See more risks.
See important safety information.