This device is commercially available for use in select international markets.
State-of-the-Art Technology Promotes the Freedom to Be You Again
The St. Jude Medical Infinity™ DBS system was designed to reinvent the way you, your doctor and your caretakers interact with, and experience, deep brain stimulation (DBS) therapy.
This unique system uses modern Apple™‡ mobile digital devices, app-based programming and features an advanced lead design to offer a more convenient, customized therapy for each patient.
Proven to make a difference
St. Jude Medical™ DBS therapy is clinically proven to make a difference—providing patients like you with:1-4
- More valuable “on” time (the period of time when you are not as affected by symptoms)
- Substantial improvement in overall symptom control
- Reduced use of medications (resulting in fewer side effects associated with medication use)
DBS therapy is not for everyone, so it is important to talk with your doctor about the benefits and risks. As with any surgery or therapy, DBS has risks and complications. Most side effects of DBS surgery are temporary and correct themselves over time. However, some complications can be more serious and/or permanent.
Risks of surgery
Complications from DBS surgery include:
- Serious complications such as coma, bleeding inside the brain, paralysis, seizures and infection, may result; some may be fatal.
- Once implanted, the area around the system may become infected, parts may wear through your skin and the lead or lead/extension connector may move. Any of these situations may require additional surgery or cause your symptoms to return.
While most complications will have no after-effects, some people may experience lasting, stroke-like symptoms, such as weakness, numbness, and problems with vision or slurred speech. In the event that side effects are intolerable or you are not satisfied with the therapy, the DBS system can be turned off or surgically removed.
See important safety information.