Training and Education for Physicians and Other Health Care Professionals
Our professional education programs provide opportunities for health care professionals to better develop procedural efficiency and better serve their patients.
Topics include the safe and effective use of our products; procedural, clinical and economic efficiencies; and clinical practice management. Program topics reflect our priorities:
- Cardiac arrhythmias
- Heart failure management
- Vascular disease
- Structural heart disease
- Chronic pain
- Movement disorders
We offer a continuum of peer-to-peer education and training options designed to:
- Increase technical competence with our products
- Develop best clinical practices
- Fulfill training requirements for new technologies
Contact your St. Jude Medical representative to learn more about programs geared towards your focus or specialty.
Advanced Technology Center programs
Therapy-specific, physician-led programs at our Advanced Technology Centers (ATCs) include:
- On-boarding programs: A series of educational programs led by experienced users focused on safely introducing new St. Jude Medical therapies and technologies. On-boarding programs aim to provide support through hands-on lab or virtual reality experiences, live-case observation, proctoring and clinical expert guidance.
- Curriculum-based programs: A series of peer-led, one- to two-day programs focused on enhancing participants’ knowledge and skills with our technologies. Curriculum programs may feature classroom learning, hands-on experiences, case studies or live-case observation.
- Customized educational visits (CEVs): An opportunity for health care professionals to get to know us and our products through customized agendas and experiences, including hands-on learning.
Our program leaders employ four main methodologies to effectively teach their subject matter and promote the safe and effective use of our products and technologies.
Didactic: Health care professionals learn from a distinguished faculty of physicians and experienced clinical instructors. Programs utilize clinical evidence and case studies to stimulate discussions, provide insights and present advancements in disease management and therapy delivery.
Hands-on: Hands-on training provides skills-focused opportunities to increase confidence during procedures. Training may include programming workshops, systems operation, tool manipulation and heart dissection wet labs.
Virtual reality simulation: Through a combination of one-on-one personalized training and precision simulation, participants bridge the gap between education and real-life experience with our products. Simulations can mimic the professional’s actual working environment, providing an opportunity to explore relationships between new and familiar technologies in a risk-free environment.
Live-case observation: An interactive environment led by experienced health care professionals, a live-case observational program may cover best practices, patient selection, procedural workflow, lab setup, staff training, avoiding and managing complications and more.
In addition to the many education and training programs at our Advanced Technology Centers, we offer online programs on specific technologies and topics. These align with the following areas:
Heart failure management
Cardiac rhythm management and electrophysiology
Get more information
Contact your St. Jude Medical sales representative for information about programs at our Advanced Technology Centers and about other training and education opportunities.