Setting the Standard for Mechanical Valves
The SJM Regent™ mechanical heart valve represents a quantum leap forward in prosthetic valves. This supra-annular valve delivers exceptional hemodynamics and performance while maintaining the same quality features that have set the standard for low complication rates, structural integrity and durability in a mechanical valve.
Exceptional hemodynamics and performance
- Single-digit gradients, even in valve sizes as small as 19 mm1
- Up to 84% orifice-to-annulus ratio
- 85° leaflet opening angle offers improved laminar flow and reduces turbulance2-4
- Significantly larger effective orifice areas (EOA)1
- Renders root enlargement practically unnecessary5,6
- Significant reduction in left ventricular (LV) mass1,5
Read more about valve performance.
Optimal implantability and durability
- Supra-annular placement
- Low-implant height
- Controlled torque rotation mechanism allows for easy rotation and intraoperative adjustment
- Sewing cuff contains additional suture markers for more accurate placement
- Cuff options include flex or standard
- St. Jude Medical™ heart valves are MR conditional7,8
- Radiopaque for improved visualization during X-ray and fluoroscopy
LEADING INNOVATION IN STRUCTURAL HEART DISEASE
The SJM Regent™ mechanical heart valve is part of our surgical valve replacement portfolio. As a pioneer in heart valve technology, our vision is to transform the treatment of structural heart disease by offering advanced technologies designed to deliver superior hemodynamics and durability. Read more about the portfolio and our approach to structural heart disease.