This device is commercially available for use in select international markets.
Simple and Confident Transcatheter PFO Closure
The AMPLATZER™ PFO Occluder is a double-disc device comprised of Nitinol mesh and polyester fabric. It has been designed to close all types of patent foramen ovale (PFO) with an easy-to-perform deployment procedure.
Excellent clinical results
- High closure rates, with 94% of patients showing effective closure (0 – 9 microbubbles at both rest and Valsalva) at 6 months1
- Extensive clinical experience with over 60,000 devices implanted worldwide2
- Nitinol and polyester construction promotes endothelialization
Engineered to fit all PFO anatomies
- Flexible, narrow waist keeps each disc well apposed to the septal wall
- Multiple device sizes to select the best fit for unique patient anatomy
- Easily recaptured and repositioned for precise placement
LEADING INNOVATION IN STRUCTURAL HEART DISEASE
The AMPLATZER™ PFO Occluder is part of our structural heart occlusion portfolio. Our vision is to transform the treatment of structural heart disease by offering minimally invasive technologies designed for conformability and complete closure. Read more about the portfolio and our approach to structural heart disease.